The antique mahogany piano in the "Sala" dates from around 1856, the year the company Raven Bacon & Co. in New York was established. It is most likely one of their earlier models. It is rectangular shaped with rounded corners at the front, resting on four sturdy, octagonal vase-shaped legs. The front is made of two pieces of mahogany veneer, cut from the same piece of wood, with a distinct vein design and put together mirrorwise.
The piano has a lyre-shaped stand for the pedals. When the cover is lifted a music stand with beautiful carvings appears. The keys are not located centrally but more to the left side of the piano.